Helene M. Senker Memorial Scholarship Award
Every year MNYCA supports extraordinary students who are chock-full of potential and promise. The Helene M. Senker Scholarship Award is our way of honoring and investing in the future of our members’ children.
A Message from the MNYCA Scholarship Chair
Every year MNYCA selects outstanding exceptional graduating high school seniors to be the recipients of the Helene M. Senker Memorial Scholarship Award. We will be accepting applications for 2016 beginning in January 2016 and will notify all MNYCA members via email when the application submission process begins. Please publicize the scholarship competition among the employees of your firm by sharing the application and any pertinent information with your colleagues. The applications may be duplicated. Refer any questions to the MNYCA office at 201-489-8096 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
John Kehmna, MNYCA Scholarship Chair
- The competition is open to any graduating high school senior either of whose parent or guardian is employed by a member company in the geographic area that the Association serves.
- $1,000.00 one-time scholarships will be awarded to an eligible students in May.
- The deadline for applications is generally in April. MNYCA members will be notified via email regarding specific submission deadlines.
- Each candidate is required to submit the following:
- Academic and extracurricular record through the first semester of the senior year.
- Copy of SAT Scores.
- Letter of recommendation from principal or guidance counselor.
- Original essay limited to 100 words or less on “Why I Want a College Education.”
- Alyanna Argueza – Parent from Absolute Coatings Inc.
- Alexis Kehmna – Parent from Nexeo Solutions
- Alexa Smith – Parent from JNS-Smithchem
- Conner Allen – Parent from Sun Chemical Performance Pigments
- Nicholas Terzulli – Parent from National Paint Industries
- Stacey Schimmel- Parent from Superior Materials, Inc,
- Tiffany Li- Parent from Cardolite Corp.